Friday, January 11, 2013

The Winter-Spring Dilemma

Dear Diary








Before you know it winter will be transitioning into spring. But, I've always had that dilemma where I didn't know how to dress for the weather. In the morning, it would be like 32 degrees and by the afternoon, it be around 60 degrees. I would feel like a fool in my jacket because by the time the afternoon came around it was seeping with hotness. But, if I decided to leave my jacket at home, I would freeze myself to death in the morning.

So I guess that's where layering comes in. Instead, wearing a big bulky coat, wearing layers would make it easier for me to adapt to the weather throughout the day.


Layers

I was never good at piling on clothes and making them look nice together. Looking at myself in the mirror, I felt like I looked like a homeless person trying to carry all the clothes I could. But, recently I've been getting the handle of this using leggings, scarves, blazers, sweaters and hats.

Willow Smith in layers

I am a huge fan of scarves. And I think Willow Smith feels the same way. It may seem like the purpose of a scarf is to only keep you warm outside, but they look great indoors and come in a stylish variety. And guess what, they're easy to pull off when you feel the Spring air coming on.

Zendaya Coleman in layers

I admire Zendaya's style. Both, on screen and off screen, she has a tendency to layer. Her signature style is to pile different colors and sizes of shirts that complement each other and adding designed tights to her outfit. Wearing a short sleeve shirt under a long sleeve open button down shirt is a style I use frequently. Blazers also work well in layering.

Rihanna in Layers

Light jackets, vests and hats make it easier to transition. I love the way Rihanna does this with her button up shirt, jean jacket and fur vest. She keeps herself warm in the early morning hours and peels it off as it starts to get warmer.

How will you be layering for this transition?



Fashionably yours, Amira J

15 comments:

  1. Great post! I'm following you on bloglovin.

    xoxo Aimee
    http://anfnewsnow.blogspot.com/2013/01/aimee-in-america-abercrombie-on-holiday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post! I always struggle when it comes to changing of seasons. Plus the weather is so unstable right now which makes it ever harder!

    I Follow you now by the way!
    If you have time could you check out/ follow my blog too?
    http://mindy13579.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, we all have that problem. Hopefully this helped you.

      Delete
  3. Thank You so much for the comment on my blog.


    Do you want to follow each other? Bloglovin, FB, etc. Let me know :D

    Kenneillia M.
    The Style Vow
    FaceBook
    Bloglovin
    Twitter
    Tumblr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I love layering
    Xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog...I'm excited to have a new reader! Your blog is amazing and this post is great. I love your visuals and I can't wait to see what you post next :)

    www.fashionandbeautyinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rihanna looks perfect and I admire Willow Smith! Nice post :))

    Kisses
    http://cup-of-hot-tea.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Rihanna's style and I think Willow is great at layering.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I love Rihanna's style and I think Willow is great at layering.

      Delete


  8. Great Post!

    Great inspiration :) I love the fur vests !!

    Love,

    Jen

    www.the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Layering is what I do all the time too! It's key! I really like your blog! I'm glad that I found it! It would be nice if you could stop by my blog sometime too (I'm from England) as I post my outfits, personal style, likes and much more :) :)

    www.raindropsofsapphire.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a charm, my dahlings and dolls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...