Saturday, March 9, 2013

Raves and Rants: Dress Shopping

Rants

Dress shopping is more difficult than I thought.
So, there's four months to go before graduation, prom and senior trip. I thought that after clicking the submit button on my applications, I would be done with everything. But, no guess what, this is just the beginning. There's so much more to do. And even the minor things, like shopping for dresses seem like a lot. I went dress shopping recently  And guess what I came home with? Nothing. I didn't know how difficult it was to buy a dress. Everything I liked my mother disliked and what I liked she disliked. And when I actually did find a dress to satisfy both of our needs it was in about $300. I was not going to spend $300 for something I would only wear one day.


Raves

I told my supervisor at work about my whole dress shopping dilemma and she recommended Rent the Runway to me. Have you ever heard of renting dresses before? I know I haven't. I've only heard of renting tuxedos. 


But, Rent the Runway is a website where you can rent designer gowns for about a week. They have so many brands, styles and sizes to choose from. Some of the dresses are similar to those that celebrities have worn. And you can rent these dresses for low prices like $50. 

You can wear these dresses for any occasion. They're not just for prom and graduation, but other special events, also. And don't worry about cleaning the dress when you're done, they take care of the dry cleaning. Just enjoy the occasion.

 So would you rent a dress?


Fashionably yours, Amira J

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing concept. I'm sure you'll find a dress of your choice. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. But, yes I was surprised when I heard about this too.

      Delete
  2. nice blog..are you interested in visiting and following my blog.
    I will be happy to do the same!
    http://fashionwithfitness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a charm, my dahlings and dolls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...