Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lovestruck.

I promised you guys a treat yesterday for Valentine's Day and I hate breaking promises, so I got you guys a treat. But, it seems like diary had different ideas. It was acting weird yesterday. When I put my entry out for the world to see, it published below my other entries for the date of February 12. So if you guys didn't scroll down you missed this. But, I still blame myself. So I fixed my diary entries and here is the treat I promised you guys....Enjoy!

Does this look familiar? Maybe you've seen this before somewhere.


Maybe now it looks familiar:



I've seen so many campaign ads of Vera Wang's Lovestruck with Gossip Girl's Leighton Meester (we like her) and I've fallen in love with the dress from first sight. Above you'll see the sketch of the dress before it was actually made and the dress without Leighton Meester. I'm living proof of love at first sight. I think cupid was there when I saw the dress.

Here's the ad:


Vera Wang Lovestruck was inspired by a modern day twist on Romeo & Juliet set in downtown NYC. It captures the feeling of a woman who is struck by love, captivated by passion. It represents an irresistible romance. She is madly in love.

This modern day love story features a beautiful couture Vera Wang gown. She leans over a fire escape, awaiting the arrival of her Romeo, who races toward her with a bouquet of flowers for their Lovestruck moment.Too bad I can't afford the dress and so this made me go scavenger hunting for a similar dress (yea, i might have dragged some friends along). Mission success! I found four for under $200. So as a Valentine treat I'll share my two favorite finds with you:


This is my favorite. It's a strapless burgundy mermaid style dress for $122.99. It comes in five colors. I feel that this looks so similar to Vera Wang's dress, even I rather have that instead. I might get this dress for my future prom in a year or so.


This is a multi-layer ruffle taffeta dress and it's also strapless. This is fancier than the one I showed you before. It cost $192.99 and comes in nine colors.

You can get both dresses from the Discount Dress Shop online store. Hope you enjoyed your treat. Tell me what you think.

“Lovestruck is about the emotion and rush you feel when you are falling in love and going for it… those heart-pounding moments of spontaneity!” –Vera Wang


Kisses and happy valentine day wishes from Amira J

1 comment:

  1. I know I love this dress to btw please follow back:)

    theultimatestylefinder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a charm, my dahlings and dolls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...