Lately, I've so busy with school, so I haven't been able to write in my diary, but I told you guys I had a secret, right? We'll now it's time to tell you (and p.s. there are alot more to come). I've always wanted to share with you guys some fashion DIYs, I've done some on my own, but I thought it would be better if I collaborated with the-tip-nerds and added a Design It Yourself feature. Their projects are awesome so every now and then I'll share some with you in my diary. Hope you like it.
• S U P P L I E S •
hole punch 1/4 inch & 1/8 inch
clamp or bulldog clip
1-2 ounce leather 10×3 inches
leather needle (not pictured)
waxed linen thread or artificial sinew (not pictured)
1. Cut out your pattern pieces, affix double-stick tape to the back & place on your leather. Cut out leather.
2. Punch holes in designated spots on pattern. If using a button stud, punch one of the end holes larger than the other.
3. Sew through middle holes with needle & thread, starting from the front, weaving in & out.
4. Pull thread together to create pleats & cinch together with your clamp. Tie a square knot on the back side.
5. Wrap the smalls trap around the middle of the cuff, making the holes at the end match up. Insert needle from outside to inside.
6. Wrap the smalls trap around the middle of the cuff, making the holes at the end match up. Insert needle from outside to inside.
7. Cut a 1/4 inch slit in the larger hole to allow for the button stud. Affix the button stud to the other end. Button & wear.
credit : melissaesplin.com and Sylvan<33 (http://the-tip-nerds.polyvore.com/)
Tell me what you think about this new feature and my collaboration with the-tip-nerds.
Much love Amira J